Friday, June 26, 2009

New Delhi, India

JJune 23rd, late at night

Just arrived at the hotel after 24 hours of plane travel from DSM to Detroit to Amsterdam to Delhi. No problems with trave. Students packed lightly and followed instructions. All friendly and I think kind. I got to know Ian, Kate W, and Aida well due to our end of the alphabet last names.

Slept a bit on the last leg, so I'm not super tired. Am trying to stay up to welcome dear Taiwanese friends- especially Michael and Nick, friends from past GYI trips.

So far, Delhi is quiet at night. Very humid and hot.

Had a wonderful "first of India" experience when I showered and laundered clothes. Water pressure and temp vary by second- soap provided- though it drys out the skin quickly. Marble floors become slippery quickly and there is no door on the shower, so everything gets wet. Had a wonderful bathing experience, so much that I look forward to tomorrow night!

By far best part of trip thus far were seeing Tom, Tamara, Seth and Ethan after long lines and long flights of the day.

1 comment: